* Decorated with Pewter plated with bright Palladium metal
* Handmade, Leather-bound wooden scabbard
* 185mm (7.5 inch) long with 87mm (3.4 inch) Stainless Steel Blade
* Unique design inspired by Celtic forms
* Made with finest traditional materials
* Individually hand-crafted in Scotland in a family run workshop
* Presentation boxed to make a great gift
The Sgian Dubh, or Skean Dhu, the dark or secret knife, is the essential accessory to complete any kilt outfit or highland attire. Historically, on another's property, weapons were laid aside. The concealed sgian dubh was the exception. For politeness, it was often placed visibly in the top of kilt hose, where it is most often seen today.
Founded in 1945, Celtic Art rapidly developed a reputation for excellence and innovation in design. Taking timeless Celtic imagery as their inspiration, they produce stunningly beautiful jewellery and Highlandwear accessories, using traditional materials such as leather, wood, silver and semi-precious stones. All pieces are individually hand-made at their workshops in Central Scotland, so that each is strikingly unique. Those in Sterling Silver are hallmarked in Edinburgh, reflecting their authentic Scottish origins. The highest quality of design and craftsmanship ensures that an item from any of their collections will make a beautiful and treasured gift for any occasion.